Lakhta Center is a multifunctional complex in St. Petersburg with the Gazprom headquarter and public spaces occupying a third of the area. Construction was completed in October 2018, now start work on the arrangement of business and public areas. The opening will take place in about a year, when the complex will be fully prepared to meet guests.
Unique façade structures and bent window units 2.8m x 4.2m weighing about 740kg will be used in the tower. Such a quantity of unique façade glass will be used in a tower for the first time.
It is this glazing structure will allows pointing out a smooth shape of the tower.
Air space between the façade glazing layers provide at the same time heat insulation and natural ventilation which reduces heating and air conditioning costs.
Special systems will maintain an optimal temperature and moisture mode.
Natural ventilation is designed in the tower which became possible when double skin facades are used in certain areas of the building.
- The tower has outer and inner curtain walls. The area of the outer walls is 73,237.05 sq.m. The area of the inner walls is 25,415.5 sq.m. In total for the whole building 98,652.55 sq.m. of walls.
- The total area of the tower glazing is 72,500 sq.m.
- The façade structure weighs 210 kg/m2.
- A window unit weighs 740kg.
- The geometry of the skyscraper changes throughout the 462m height. The tower expands, tapers and twists. Because of these changes a lot of difference elements are required which change at each level.
- A parallelogram is selected as a glazing element. Glass is cold-bent.
- The number of façade elements is 16,505.
- The number of difference elements is 11,615. It means that 7 out of 10 (71%) elements from glass and steel vary in shape and dimensions.
- The analysis demonstrates that almost all the modules of external curtain walls vary (in relation to the geometry, degree of angle, etc.)
- In total there are 21 Tower façade types and dimensions.
- The pinnacle of the tower 140m tall has a meshed roof.
- Cladding: glass and stainless steel mesh pulled on the cage from diagonal imposts and horizontal girders.
- The total area of the facades of the Multifunctional Building is 60,000 sq.m., media facades 5,000 sq.m.